If you’ve ever owned a pet, you already know how much fun and affection they can bring. For many people, pets are an important source of love and friendship. It is also a well-known fact that pets are good for our health.
However, with great pet ownership comes great responsibility. One of the very important aspects of pet care is choosing the right veterinary care.
When selecting a veterinarian, you’re doing more than searching for a medical expert. You’re looking for someone to meet your needs and those of your pet, a doctor who has people as well as animal skills.
What to look for in a veterinary practice?
- Is the facility clean, comfortable and well-organized?
- Are appointments required?
- How many veterinarians are in the practice?
- Are dog and cat cages in separate areas?
- Is the staff caring, calm, competent and courteous, and do they communicate effectively?
- Are X-rays, ultrasound, bloodwork, EKG, endoscopy and other diagnostics done in-house or referred to a specialist?
- Which emergency services are available?
How to be a good client?
Having good client manners encourages a happy relationship with your vet.
- See your vet regularly for preventive visits, not just when your pet becomes ill.
- Learn what’s normal for your pet, so you recognize the first signs of illness. If a pet’s not well, don’t wait until she’s really sick before you call your vet. It’s frustrating for a vet, and heartbreaking to owners.
- Schedule appointments and be on time. Lateness is rude and wreaks havoc with the office’s timing.
- For your pet’s safety as well as that of other clients and pets, bring your cat to the veterinary office in a carrier.
- Even if you have an emergency, call ahead to ensure that the veterinarian’s available.
Information on vets in Jeddah:
Services: physical examinations, vaccinations, neutering and spaying, micro-chipping, dentistry, radiology, grooming.
European Veterinary Clinic
The European Veterinary Clinic was founded in 2005. Their goal is to offer pet owners quality, caring and compassionate veterinary care. They offer a multitude of services which can be viewed in detail on their site. The staff love animals and are very caring.
Services: radiology, cardiology, dermatology, general surgery, internal medicine, geriatric medicine, vaccination, dental care, professional grooming, pharmacy, micro-chipping.
Happy Pet Vet Clinic was born in 2006. The entire staff experienced, helpful and friendly.
Al Hamra Pet Care Clinic
Al Hamra Pet Care Clinic is considered from the most prestigious and oldest veterinary clinics in Jeddah, which Dr. Ahmed Shebini founded in 1984.
About: Consultation and health care facilities for pets. Located in Al-Hamra district.
Gus’s Hope is a non-profit organization for pet care, rescuing stray animals and adoptions. They provide medical care for cats and kittens that may require emergency care, vaccinations, spay/neutering, and/or transport costs. Their veterinarian is available to the public at a lower cost than most in addition to providing quality care.