The last thing most mothers want after giving birth are curious eyes hoping for a glimpse of the happy scene. (Ain’t nobody got time for dat). so you need to know about dua to protect child from evil eye
Many parents go underground right after giving birth and abandon their social life. What they fear is that someone might give their baby an evil eye (aka Ayn) and they want to try and protect him/her from harm. Relax, no one’s asking you to show your adorable little miracle off to the world like Simba in The Lion King.
It’s absolutely okay to be overcautious and protective. But the thing is, you can not keep your children under your 24-hour surveillance. The only 24/7 protection your child has is Allah. You, as a parent may nourish your children but Allah is their Guardian.
Here’s what you should be doing:
1. Seek Refuge
The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah for his grandsons Hasan and Husayn and he said: “Your father (Ibraaheem) used to seek refuge with (these words) for Ismaa‘eel and Ishaaq by saying:A‘oodhu bi kalimaat Illaahi’t-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah
1. Dua to protect child from evil eye: “I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from every devil and every vermin, and from every bad eye” [Bukhari 3371]
Also ringing up your kids with the daily morning/evening supplications is very essential. (See link)
2. O Allah I seek refuge with You from severe calamity, and from misery to fall upon me, and from a bad fate and from the gloating of [my] enemies.
3. Dua to protect child from evil eye: O Allah,I seek refuge in You from a bad neighbour, and from a wife who causes my hair to turn grey even before old age, and from a son who becomes a master over me, and from a wealth that turns into a torment upon me, and from a cunning companion, whose eyes are upon me and whose heart is scheming against me, if he were to see something good [from me], he would bury it and if he sees something bad [from me] he would spread it.
4. Dua to protect child from evil eye: In the Name of Allah. I recite over you [for purpose of healing] from all that troubles you, from the evil of every soul or of the eye of an envier. May Allah cure you; with the Name of Allah, I recite over you [for purpose of healing].
It is also recommended to recite Surah al-Ikhlaas and al-Mu‘awwidhatayn (Surah An-Nas and Al-Falaq) over them and to wipe their bodies whilst reciting, or to recite them into one’s hands and blow (spitting lightly) in them, then wipe them over whatever of their body one can reach, or to recite them into water and wipe them or wash them with it.
3. The power of a parent’s prayer
Do you know a parent’s dua is among the three prayers that are undoubtedly answered? [Ibn Maajah 3862].
So make dua for your children and ask Allah to protect them.
4. Saying BarakAllah
There’s this misconception that saying Masha Allah repels evil eye. The Sunnah is that if a person admires something that he has and owns then he should say Masha Allah, just as in the story of the companion of the two gardens (See Surah Al-Kahf, 39)
And If he sees it in other than himself, then the right way according to the Sunnah is to ask Allah to bless the person or object. (Saheeh hadith)
So it’s recommended to say Barakallahu Alaihi (May Allah bless it for him/her), BarakAllahu feek (May Allah bless you) and BarakAllahu feeh (May Allah bless her/him).
Read more Umrah Dua .. Top Duas; Supplications to be Read During Umrah
5. Keeping children indoors at Maghrib
This is not a myth! OK now don’t freak out also.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) has actually advised us against letting our young out at sunset and only for a period just after sunset in authentic authoritative narrations.
6. Social media bug
With this latest trend to blur or masking just the face of the child with little hearts or other shapes on social media, I cannot help but ask, why post any photos at all? Your social media contacts can still see you have a baby and that it’s healthy and cute (C’mon, all babies are cute!) and the blurring is not serving anyone any good.
Read more How to Protect Your Children
7. After all the above, trust!
We are taught to tie the camel securely and then put our trust in Allah.
Parents are not supposed to blind fold themselves and completely abandon their children’s wellbeing. After taking necessary steps, a person should have firm belief that Allah will take care of their children and the one who places someone in Allah’s protection, they will indeed be protected. We should be conscious of the reality of the evil eye but at the same time we shouldn’t be quick to accuse people of doing it as well. these are all about dua to protect child from evil eye.