By Hurreia Balouch and Sahrish Ali
The tradition of celebrating Earth Day goes back 45 years and was first celebrated on April 22, 1970 when a host of Earthlings came together to celebrate the planet we live on. However, let us remember that we do not need one day of the calendar to celebrate Earth, our planet is something that should be celebrated everyday!
So earthlings of Saudi Arabia, worry no more we have a few simple things you could do this Earth Day.
1. Reuse paper.
2. Use towels instead of tissues.
3. Always turn the AC and lights off when not in the room.
4. Plant a tree.
5. Buy local rather than imported goods.
6. Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth.
7. Organize a ‘green’ event in your community.
8. Gift a plant pot as a gift.
9. Stop wasting paper cups, bring your own mug to work.
10. Use reusable bags instead of disposable plastic ones.
11. Go digital; take notes on your phone or computer.
13. Use solar power.
15. Optimize energy settings on your electronic devices.
16. Go organic.
17. Walk more often.
18. Spread the word out.