By Sahrish Ali and Sohila El Saadany
Many men find shopping and fashion challenging, which is why we have whipped up some fashion advice and clothing guides.
Every man has asked themselves about matching their socks with their trousers and other assorted questions at some points in their lives. One of the powers of clothing is that it can transform an individual’s state of mind.
So what are the overall dos and don’ts for men’s styling? Check out what a couple of style experts have to say on the topic.
Hatem Alakeel Designer/ Founder
Have your own style and create your own personal statement that reflects your personality. You don’t have to follow the trend wagon. – Hatem Alakeel, Toby
- Keep it simple but classic.
- Add your own edgy touches but make sure they complement your outfit.
- It’s cool to link traditional with modern. Mix everything but don’t overdo it.
Things Men Should Always Consider
- Being well groomed and presentable is vital to you and your reputation. Don’t look shabby; look elegant.
- Always take the occasion you are going to into consideration, dress accordingly.
For a classic traditional look
A traditional white and well-ironed classic thobe made of mixed fabric.
For a causal look
A good pair of blue jeans and a well-tailored dress shirt with a cool blazer.
Style Your Shemagh
“Every region has a different scarf. Right now people are mixing the red and white together and that’s in style.” – Hatem Aqeel, Toby
Bakry Alkaff Visionary/ Fashion Consultant
The world of fashion is a very complex one. Our perspective of clothing has changed a lot throughout the history of fashion. My style falls in between classic and hipster. – Bakry Alkaf
What to Keep in Mind
- Runners are more likely to greet other runners who are wearing similar kit.
- Modern men are twice as likely as women to own more than 10 pairs of shoes.
- The human eye takes longer to travel across patterned fabrics, this makes the body appear larger.
- Men think they are physically stronger when wearing a Superman t-shirt!
Trends to look out for
- All White and Minimalist Looks: This is a refreshing change from the bold patterns that have taken over menswear these past few years.
- Pastels: Head to toe monochrome and tonal looks, in more nude, yellow, peachy-pink tone, or deeper shades of rose pink are coming on strong, possibly until 2017.
What We Said
- Don’t overdo it with prints. We get that you are fun and into colors.
- Fits that are not tailored. Please avoid anything that’s too tight or too loose, basically anything ill fitting.