By Norah Al Eisa
Somedays it’s a bit too hot for hot tea or coffee, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on caffeine completely.
Try this recipe for peach and raspberry ice-tea, perfect for any day of the summer.
- 8 cups of water
- Three tablespoons of loose-leaf tea or six tea bags (you can use white, green or black tea, depending on your preference)
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- Bring 8 cups of tea to a simmer, and then remove from the heat.
- Add the tea of your choice.
- Steep for about 4 to 5 minutes. Avoid steeping it for too long as that tends to make it bitter.
- Leave the tea to cool completely. Once it is cooled, mix it with the ice, peaches, and raspberries in a pitcher.
- Before serving, allow the tea to infuse with the flavors for at least 1 hour.
Note: If you prefer your iced tea sweetened, add the sugar while the water is still hot.