Five beauty steps you shouldn’t skip.
It’s safe to say that most of us have busy lives. We look for things that make our lives easier and as a result we often compromise our usual standards when it comes to beauty routines. Sometimes, the 10 step Korean beauty routine is a tad excessive, especially after the gym or a night out. Here are the five steps you should NEVER skip.
- Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse away the buildup. I can’t stress this enough. The skin is exposed to dirt, bacteria, oils, pollution and much more. This clogs the pores and leads to acne and irritation. For a flawless completion, keep a pack of makeup wipes next on your bedside table for lazy nights.
We Recommend: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes or the Bioderma Makeup Removing Micelle Solution, Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- If you can muster up the ability to add one more step after cleaning, it’s toning. A toner can help soothe and prepare the skin to absorb serums and moisturizers.
We Recommend: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Facial Toner
- One last step before you finally give in to sleep: moisturize. This is extra important in dry, skin-parched climates. Healthy moisturized skin results in better skin cell turnover, which helps with anti-aging.
We Recommend: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion, Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream
- Don’t neglect your makeup brushes! With every use, makeup brushes build up bacteria, oils, and dead skin cells, which cause breakouts and irritation.
We Recommend: Johnson’s Baby Shampoo
- SPF all day every day. Ultra violet rays cause the skin to prematurely age, lose firmness, and cause uneven pigmentation.
We Recommend: Supergoop Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen with Olive Polyphenols, La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid