Got a beard? This article will help you tame it!
Beard-less people don’t realize how difficult taking care of a beard can be. Here’s all you need to know to get a beard like Senaca Crane and Ryan Gosling.
- Avoid washing with really hot or cold water as it may damage the hair follicles. Wash with warm water followed by a splash of cold water to close the pores.
- Make sure to wash to the roots especially if it is thick. Rubbing the follicles a bit harder will help in exfoliation and stimulating hair growth.
- Gently dry with a soft towel. Avoid drying too aggressively, as that can encourage unwanted frizz.
- Brush through your beard to get rid of tangles.
- Use organic or natural products for your beard; the skin on the face and neck is really sensitive.
- Use can use beard oils, and leave in balms for the purpose of conditioning. They help with preventing the commonly known problem, “beardruff” (beard druff), as well as taming unruly and dry hair.
- Follow conditioning with a quick brush through with a wide toothed comb for a lush and soft beard.
DJ recommends Diggin It, Instagram: diggn.it
Trimming and Grooming:
- There are lots of styles to choose from, but what makes a beard look good is a frequent trim and grooming.
- Visit your preferred barber weekly or use a trimmer at home.
- Always start trimming at the ears and down to the nape of your neck in order to achieve a level, sharp cut.
- Remember: Not all beard hair grows at the same pace or direction.
Maintaining a Healthy Beard Through Diet:
Incorporate protein-rich foods into your diet such as, such as fish, eggs, beans and healthy fats.
- Supplement your diet with nettle and flaxseed oil and vitamins such as B6, C and E to boost facial hair growth.
How do you take care of your beard?