Ramadan is a month for reflection and spiritual development. In addition to reading Qur’an and praying, you could also possibly achieve this by reading books that have great content.
Consider picking up some of the following books:
1. Reclaim Your Heart by Yasmin Mogahed
Mogahed’s book offers a very positive perspective on the healing of the heart by providing a hopeful approach to living.
2. Enjoy Your Life by Muhammad ‘Abd Rahman Al ‘Arifi
Enjoy Your Life is a book that will help you balance worship and worldly life by citing examples from the life of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH. It has brief sections that focus on various situations that one may find themselves in.
3. Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir
The lives of the Prophets are filled with brilliant lessons and memorable moments. This book will help you know more about their lives.
4. Great Women of Islam by Mahmood Ahmad Ghadanfar
In this book you’ll find the life stories of the Mothers of the Believers and 16 other Sahabiyyat who were given the good news of Jannah by the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
5. From My Sister’s Lips by Naima B. Roberts
This internationally bestselling memoir also includes personal narratives of other reverts to Islam. This will surely be an inspiring read for everyone.
6. When the Moon Split by Safiur-Rahman Al Mubarakpuri
This wonderful biography of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH is a must-read.
7. The Story of the Qur’an: Its History and Place in Muslim Life by Ingrid Mattson
This book offers wonderful insight into the significance of the Qur’an in Muslim lives. It studies the influence of the Qur’an on society, including personal relationships, pop culture, art, architecture, politics, science and literature.
You can find most of these titles in local bookstores, Amazon and Book Depository.