Saudi Arabian driver Yazeed Al-Rajhi and his German navigator Timo Gottschalk stayed out of trouble to record a comfortable victory in Rally Jeddah, after the second desert selective section between Al-Buraikah and Khulais, on Saturday.
The Hummer Dbug driver began the day with a lead of 13min 54sec over Motair Al-Shammeri’s Nissan Pick-Up, once results had been finalised and penalties had been added, and extended his advantage to 34min 40sec over eventual runner-up Yayha Al-Helai on the final competitive section through the desert, north of Jeddah city.
It was the Riyadh driver’s second victory in the event in the two years since it was devised by Abdullah Bakhashab and his team, in cooperation with the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation (SAMF).
Final positions (unofficial @ 15.20hrs):
- Yazeed Al-Rajhi (SAU)/Timo Gottschalk (DEU) Hummer Dbug 4hr 28min 40sec
- Yayha Al-Helai (ARE)/Khalid Al-Kendi (ARE) Nissan Patrol 5hr 03min 20sec
- Moneef Al-Sulaimani (SAU)/Ahmed Al-Hajri (OMN) Nissan Patrol 5hr 04min 38sec
- Ahmed Al-Sabban (SAU)/Adel Hussein Abdullah (QAT) Ford Raptor 5hr 05min 39sec
- Ahmed Al-Qashimi (SAU)/Waleed Al-Fuaim (SAU) Nissan Patrol 5hr 05min 59sec
- Emil Kneisser (LEB)/Aleksei Kuzmich (RUS) Nissan Patrol 5hr 09min 27sec
- Khalid Abdullah (SAU)/Tariq Matar Ibrahim (SAU) Toyota 5hr 21min 32sec
- Motair Al-Shammeri (SAU)/Raid Al-Assaf (SAU) Nissan Pick-Up 5hr 22min 16sec
- Saleh Saeed Al-Hoot (SAU)/Anas Al-Ghamdi (SAU) Nissan Patrol 5hr 25min 58sec
- Ahmed Shegawi (SAU)/Laurent Lichtleuchter (FRA) Nissan Pick-up 5hr 41min 04sec
- Abdul-Majeed Al-Khulaifi (SAU) Kawasaki 450 3hr 11min 01sec
- Sultan Al-Masood (SAU) Yamaha 450 3hr 19min 45sec
- Ahmed Al-Nasir (SAU) Honda 450 3hr 28min 19sec
- Faisal Fahad Al-Sharif (SAU) Ram 503 quad 3hr 51min 36sec
- Abdulaziz Al-Hathlool (SAU) Honda 450 26hr 15min 52sec
- Abdulsalem Hamam (SAU) Yamaha 450 26hr 32min 18sec