On August 8th, new decisions were made for visa charges, including but not limited to:
- A one-time entry visa fee to Saudi being 2,000 SR. However, if the person is visiting Saudi for the first time for either Hajj or Umrah then they are exempt from any fees.
- If a visitor is to exit and re-enter the country several times in a span of six months then the fee is 3,000 SR.
- If a visitor is to exit and re-enter the country several times in a span of one year then the fee is 5,000 SR.
- If a visitor is to exit and re-enter the country several times in a span of two years then the fee is 8,000 SR.
- Those leaving the country by sea will pay a 50 SR visa fee
These new decisions will be applied starting October 2, 2016.
New traffic regulations will also be implemented including but not limited to:
- If any driver is involved in a car crash, the driver must inform the appropriate department and assist the victims involved in the accident, if any. Not complying with these rules will lead to a fine of 10,000 SR or prison for a period not exceeding 3 months, or in some cases, both.
- Those who “drift” in the streets with their motorcycles at high speed and cause havoc will also be fined.