There are currently four major international airports in the Kingdom:
- Dammam: King Fahd International Airport
- Jeddah: King AbdulAziz International Aiport
- Riyadh: King Khalid International Airport
- Madeena: Prince Mohammad bin AbdulAziz Airport
- The national carrier is Saudi Arabian Airlines saudiairlines.com
- If you’re travelling on a Hajj and Umrah Visa, your travel agent is likely to take care of flights and accommodation for you.
- Travellers are advised to book well in advance as flights to Saudi Arabia may be fully booked during peak Umrah seasons.
- SAPTCO buses provide international transportation to and from the Kingdom and neighboring countries such as U.A.E., Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Yemen and Sudan.
- Buses are air-conditioned with on-board toilets and frequent rest stops.
- Visit the SAPTCO website for more information on stations and how to get your ticket.
It is quite possible to enter the Kingdom by car. Just ensure you are carrying your documents including passport with a valid visa and driving lisence.
- Traveling by sea is fairly uncommon as it is slower, costlier and more dangerous than other options.
- Ferries link Jeddah and Duba on the Red Sea to the Egyptian Port Safaga and Suez, and to Port Sudan.