By Anaa Mansouri
This recipe is directly inspired by the Flourless Chocolate Brownie recipe in the book “Paleo Cooking from Elena’s Pantry” by Elena Amsterdam.
I had made Elena’s original recipe multiple times for a friend who loves 85% dark chocolate. However, the rest of her family never touched it since they (gasp!) didn’t like dark chocolate. I was invited for dinner at her house one day, stopped by the store to find a different chocolate option and the recipe below was the result.
It is simple and delicious in all its goodness (Psst: it was still dark and they ate it up.)
● 2 bars of 70% dark chocolate with raspberries
● ¼ cup butter or organic coconut oil
● ½ cup sugar
● 1 tablespoon vanilla
● 4 eggs
- Melt the chocolate, take it off the stove and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into an 8” square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
Once done, the cake should be nice and crusty on top and a bit gooey in the center and bottom.
Definitely enjoy it warm. Scoop out into dessert dishes and add heavy cream on top (I was in England when I made this, so I had clotted cheese available which is even better!)