Indulge in a solo retreat this International Women’s Day.
Celebrate the fierce and beautiful woman you are by jet-setting to the ‘Pearl of the Caucuses’ for a life-affirming holiday.
Solo female holidays are on the rise in Azerbaijan owing to its cosmopolitan culture and great connectivity across the country. More importantly, Azerbaijani people are known for their warmth and hospitality; from hotel staff going above and beyond to help you locate excursions to sharing a hot meal to swap stories. If you are looking to be pampered and explore hidden gems in a secure and safe destination – Azerbaijan is the place.
Azerbaijan’s exquisite natural beauty, fascinating history, opulent spa experiences, and ultra-luxurious food and entertainment are just some of the reasons to consider it for a solo holiday.
Indulge in great nightlife and culinary experiences
The rich history and culture are paired with exquisite culinary delicacies that will promise to provide you with a gastronomic experience of a lifetime.
- The Heydar Aliyev Centre, Baku: The astonishing structure was designed by Zaha Hadid, the first woman to ever receive the Pritzker award, architecture’s highest honor. It’s unique wave-like design earns the title as Central Baku’s crown jewel of architecture. The center houses collections which boast the incredible diversity and energy of Azerbaijani art today.
The local delicacies you must savor include their fragrant saffron plov (rice) paired with barbequed Shashlik alongside dolma stuffed with earthy minced lamb topped with a touch of sourness from their fermented pickles.
Besides that, Azerbaijan has some of the freshest produce in the region including indigenous staples: tea and honey – both promising earthy undertones and a bold punch of sweetness.
- To commemorate the special day you can soak in Old Baku and ravish on Azerbaijani cuisine at Cay Bagi 145 (Tea Garden 145)
Continue your day of indulgence at the shopping malls of Baku where international goods and luxury brands can be found in abundance. Baku has a phenomenal range of designer boutiques but for those seeking a more cultural shopping experience, the colorful atmosphere of the traditional bazaar is a treat to sore eyes.
- Metropark Shopping Mall, Baku is a popular one to consider
End the night by walking down Tarlan Abdullayev street and enjoy Baku’s thriving Jazz community or dance the night away with talented international DJs that contribute to the lively local club scene.
- Check out the uber-elite Pasifico – Lounge & Dining Bar followed by the Enerji Club Baku for an incredible night out
As Azerbaijan sits on the crossroads of Europe and Asia, this diamond in the rough appears rugged on the edges with miles of untouched natural beauty. Gabala is a perfect getaway retreat, far from the hustle and bustle of congested cities, where you can recharge your batteries.
Mountain waterfalls, large forests and magnificent Caucasian mountains make Gabala an ideal place for the brave at heart., spend the day taking part in outdoor activities from quad biking, hiking, skating, paintball, bowling, horse rides, spas, shooting and several great swimming pools.
- Chenot Palace Hotel, Gabala: Surrounded by the silence and tranquility of the magical pine woods, and overlooking the peaceful Nohur lake, the new Chenot Palace Hotel in Gabala represents a new class of health wellness retreat in the heart of a breathtaking forest. Gabala is located about 225 km away from the capital city of Azerbaijan.
Uncover a mystical past
Inspire positivity and incinerate all fear, ego, and pride by visiting the mesmerizing fiery Ateshgah temples. The Fire Temple amazes visitors with its enrapturing flames and features inscriptions that harbor centuries-old secrets.
This Zoroastrian-Hindu temple dates back to the 19th century and is a beautiful amalgamation of different Western-Eastern cultures. It’s a great place to emotionally and spiritually connect with oneself.
- A 25-minute drive from Baku
Rejuvenate your body and senses
Getting messy never felt so therapeutic. Spend the day indulging in therapeutic wellness treatments where the curative properties of crude oil baths (yes – soaking in liquid oil) is used to treat musculoskeletal system diseases, as well as neurological, urological, gynecological, skin and other ailments. Besides that, who can say no to a luxurious bath?
- Soak up the healing properties of Azerbaijan’s natural resources and gentle climate with views of the landscape boasting breathtaking and vibrant colors at Chinar Hotel & Spa Naftalan, which is a one-hour flight from Baku.
About Azerbaijan Tourism Board
The Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is a national promotion body established under the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Its main objectives are to support the growth of Azerbaijan’s tourism industry and encourage visitors to explore the country’s rich cultural offering and experience its ancient heritage.
For more information, visit azerbaijan.travel and follow us on social media at