Saudi Arabia’s Summer Capital.
→ GETTING THERE
Saudia, Flyadeal, FlyNas
Riyadh – Abha (1.40 hours)
Jeddah – Abha (1.20 hours)
Riyadh – Abha (9.5 hours)
Jeddah – Abha (7.5 hours)
SAPTCO buses are available but will definitely take longer.
Perched on the edge of the Sarawat mountain range in the Asir region, the cool highlands of Abha offers breathtaking vistas and thrilling adventures.
DID YOU KNOW?
Abha is known as the City of Fog, and rightfully so, situated 2,270 above sea level in Saudi.
1. Ride a cable car, there are four varying start-end stations to choose from, so keep the following in mind: If you want to go to Habala HangingVillage, which was historically only accessible by rope, you’ll need to ride a cable car. For most people, the best views are on the Al Soodah Cab e Car Station to Rijal Almaa, it’s the longest, but with that, the Al Soudah station is also the farthest to reach. Well, worth it if you want to experience riding above the clouds and having the highest bird’s eye panoramic view of Abha.
2. Explore the cultural villages of Rjjjal Almaa, Habala, and AlMuftaha that takes you to the old days of Arabia. You’ll be sure to learn about the unique Asiri architecture, from the indigenous construction to the colorful door and facade patterns.
3. Take a hike at Jabal Al Soudah (Black Mountain) or discover unique flora and fauna through trials running across the Asir National Park.
It’s best a local tour guide when exploring the forests and going deep into Al Soudah, check out the list of official tour guides in the directory.
4. Souq Althulata or Tuesday Market is a must-visit if you’re lucky to find yourself in Abha on this day. Merchants, artisans, and street sellers gather to offer the best local delicacies, homemade goods, crafts, incense, and more. Every now and then, you might happen upon some artworks from local artists.
Colorful, locally hand weaved bags from the Basket Market.
5. Paragliding and adventure other sports over the mountain ranges of Abha is becoming a sought- out thrill in the reg on. Be sure to connect with local operators before braving the clouds:
- Aviation Training institute – Ad Darb, Abha
- Abila Paraglider Zone – AISouda, Abha
- Sport Flying School – Abdulbari AIAbdullah, Abha
1. Make sure to get Abha’s famous Asir honey.
2. Get in-season fresh pickings and produce at the local souqs.
3. Sip the horizon and sunset with your Shai on the Green Mountain (which really is a hill).
These licensed tour operators will have you exploring the skies and highs of Abha:
- Ajwaad Tours
- Amazing Tours
- Najran Tours
1. Intercontinental Hotel
Location: Al Soudaf, Abha
2. Oyo Hotels Abha 0AlShamsan, AlBasra Dist.
Location: Al Shamsan, Al Basra Dist.
3. Boudl Abha
Location: 6455 King AbdtulAziz Rd., As Sharafiyah, Abha
4. Ewaa Hotel
Location: 62521 King Abdulaziz Rd, As Sadd, Abha
1. Bayat Hotels
Location: King Faysal Rd.
2. Mercure Hotels
Location: Al Muntaz.ah