By Lama Ghazzawi
As we all know: our brains are muscles as well, and just like any other muscle, they need to be exercised to stay healthy.
One of the simple ways to do just that is called Superbrain Yoga. It is a simple squat exercise that offers benefits not just for kids, but for anyone seeking a little extra push in the attention factor.
- Enhances thinking capacity of the brain.
- It helps in releasing tension and calms the brain.
- It relieves mild depression and anxiety.
- Improves your concentration levels.
- Enhances your balancing skills.
- It works wonders for children with disabilities like autism, dyslexia, etc.
- It can even help you get rid of aggressive behaviour.
How to do Superbrain Yoga:
- Face East.
- Remove all your accessories and jewelry and push your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Keep your tongue in the same place until you’re done.
- Take your left hand across your chest and hold your right earlobe with your thumb and forefinger. Make sure that your thumb is in front.
- Now take your right hand across your chest to hold your left earlobe. Again, make sure that the thumb is in front. Make sure your left arm is close to your chest and inside your right arm.
- Inhale through your nose and slowly squat down to the ground.
- Hold your breath and exhale as you start standing again.
- Repeat this 14 times. Remember to keep holding your earlobes and to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth throughout.
- This video should help you: