Never a dull moment!
Taking in some East-side breeze? Create a summer checklist of places to go and things to do in Sharqiya.
Civilization Cafe, Khobar
This cafe is one of the most popular cafes in Khobar. It is known for its unique traditional interior design. The food is served in round aluminum containers and the bread is freshly baked. Their menu consists of the best hearty dishes from the Arabian Peninsula. The whole setting of the cafe takes you back to the past.
Prince Saud bin Naif Park, Khobar
A favorite among residents of Khobar. Prince Saud bin Naif Park is laid out in a beautiful way with greenery. fountains.and scenic pathways.
Location: Allurki Business Park, Prince Faisal bin Fahd Rd., Dhahran
Go for a stroll on the Dammam Seafront
There’s a huge amount of space for runners to exercise freely without being concerned about bumping into others. People of all ages can enjoy their time thanks to all of the playgrounds for children, plenty of spots for meditating, exercising, and picnicking.
Location: Prince Muhammed bin Fahd St., Dammam
Al Khobar Traditional Village, Khobar
If you’re looking to try some of the most common dishes in Saudi Arabia, this is the place to go. The traditional village is made up of beautifully crafted huts, where you can enjoy a traditional Saudi meal with your loved ones.
Al Amer Gallery, Dammam
A story of a man who had a passion for collecting vintage exquisite art pieces. It started out with collecting unique pieces, but, as time passed, Dr. Muhammad A Amri started making his own art pieces. Today, his work is displayed all over Khobar and Dammam.
Muralkabat Mountain Park
One of the most popular walking destinations in the Eastern Province, the Muraikabat Mountain Park is scenic and spacious. With so many people walking and running around you, you’re likely to stay motivated until you reach your goal for the day.
Location: Yaqoot Alhamawy St., (Alntuman Bin Basheer St.), Dammam
So green and full of trees, this is the best place to walk in the summer. It also has shorter routes for a quick and easy stroll.
Location: KingAbdulaziz Rd..Al Muntazah, Saihat
The graffiti art and the ships on the other side give the OatilCorniche a touch of both the modern and the traditional.They also host fun events so it’s always a treat exercising here and taking in the atmosphere.
Location: Khaleej Rd., Qatif
EXPLORE Al AHSA
- Visit Ibrahim Palace for a dose of history and architecture.
- Make it a day trip to Al Ahsa National Park.
- Al Qaisariya Souk is an experience on its own. Head there this summer to buy trinkets and relax with some tea.
- Sahod Palace: Another walk down memory lane., north of Al Hofuf.
- Al Ahsa National Museum is a small but interesting collection of items from different time periods. Tel: +966-13-5802639
- Go bird-watching at the Al Hasa Lagoon.
- Visit or drive by the many date farms in Hofuf.
- Relax by Al Uqair Beach and take in the historic scenery.
- Stop to pray at the Jawatha Mosque in Hofuf established in the 7th Hijri year.
- Hike up the Darrah Mountains in Al Ahsa.
- Shop some gold at the Suwaij Souk.
- Explore the Oatif fish market and get some fresh catches tor your dinner.
- What could be more awesome than a historical castle? Check out Qasr Darin.
- Probably the most popular historical ruin in Qatif, check out Tarut Castle.
Jubail’s walkways are found throughout the many parks where you can play, relax, and have an alt-around great time. Whether it’s a sandy beach area or a green and grassy spot, you’ll find plenty of picnic and barbecue facilities, restaurants, bathrooms, sitting areas, and long stretches of walkways to enjoy the scenery. Next time you need to take a stroll, check out any and all of these places:
- AL Fanater Corniche
- Taiba Neighborhood
- Al Deffe Park
- Najd Park
- Al Nakheel Beach
- Al Jubail Al balad Corniche
- Go fish at one of the most popular fishing spots: Five Fingers. Khobar.
- Corniche hop and enjoy the different corniches in each city; Khobar, Dammam, Qatif, and Saihat.
- Pack a picnic and eat by the beach around sunset or sunrise when the weather is slightly cooler.
- Go boating, families head to CoralIsland, and Half Moon Bay.
I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM
- at Haagen Dazs. AlGosaibiVillage
- Mochi from Lindo. Le Care Hotel
- Gelatto from Piatto, Fouad Center
- Dandorma from Mado, Mall of Dhahran
This place really needs to rename themselves to Big Breakfast because that’s what you get every time you come here. Their Egg Benedict is just the classic experience and can’t be passed up.
Location: 7th St., Khobar
Vicoli is one of those rare places that just exude peace and love. If you like kicking off your sugar high right from the get-go, well you can’t do better than their Kinder Pancakes. Light, fluffy, and sweet, this is one of those dishes we recommend NOT sharing with anyone else.
Location: Prince Humud St., Khobar
Dallat Alfaris Cafe
Dallat A faris has you covered with their Traditional Breakfast, served every day with all the goodies that make you feel right at home. Their breakfast for two comes with drinks included and is one of the best breakfast deals you’ll find around town.
Location: Prince Sultan Bin Fahd St. Khobar
Escape for the Weekend!
- Sunset Beach
Location: Sunset Blvd, AI Tahliyah, Al Khobar 34713, Saudi Arabia
Tel: +966-13-8902000 Ext 5001
Location: Hatt Moon Bay Road, 31952 Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Palm Beach Resort, Khobar
Location: Half Moon Bay, Al Azizia
Golden Tulip Dana Bay, Al Khobar
Location: 2423 Half Moon, Al Khobar
Email: info@gotdentutipdana bay.com
• Head to Al Fanateer Beach and Nakheel Beach.
• Take a leisurely walk by the many beautiful parks like Defy Park and Andalus Park.