By Rayan Alhammad
Satisfying, creamy, comforting and flavorful homemade recipe
(Makes 12 medium sized raviolis)
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 2 cups multi-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 heaped tablespoon cream cheese (preferably philadelphia, if not found use labnah)
- 1 heaped tablespoon mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- Pinch of garlic powder (according to taste)
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/2 water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp saffron
- Knead ingredients together until it forms a good soft dough. If it feels a little runny, increase the amount of flour. If it’s a little too dry, take an egg, whisk it, and add small amounts to the dough until it reaches the required consistency.
- Leave dough to rest for 20 minutes to allow the ingredients to properly merge, then roll out on a flat surface. Try to ensure that the dough is thick enough to withstand stuffing without tearing apart.
- Prepare the filling. Mix all the ingredients together, and begin filling the ravioli. Please keep in mind the amount of filling you use, make sure it isn’t too much to avoid spillage when boiling the pasta. Also, take care when sealing the pasta’s edges properly to make sure no water gets inside.
- Set some water in a pot on the stove for boiling, then gently drop the raviolis into the water. Boiling depends on consistency of your pasta, from 5-10 minutes, or until they float to the top of the pot. Take out of the pot and drain the raviolis on the side.
- Heat up a saucepan, and mix the ingredients of the sauce inside. Add the ravioli and cook according to taste, from 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, take it out, and enjoy!