Who doesn’t love Coffee, especially if you can craft your favorite pairings right in the comfort of your home?
More than 30 years ago, the Nespresso narrative began with a straightforward concept: make it possible for anybody to brew the ideal cup of espresso coffee, just like a trained barista. Since its founding in 1986, Nespresso has reinvented, revolutionized, and influenced how millions of people enjoy their coffee with their line of machines that deliver ease and convenience without compromising taste and flavor.
With a redesigned brewing technology, Vertuo Next takes the Nespresso coffee experience one step further. The machine can read the barcode embedded in each capsule thanks to centrifugation technology. It then spins up to retrieve the cup’s hidden contents.
Some of Saudi Arabia’s long-standing customs strongly revolve around coffee. It is considered a significant part of Saudi culture, closely linked to the Saudi values of hospitality, music, and poetry.
The importance of coffee in the story of the nation has not gone unnoticed, with 2022 being designated as the “Year of Saudi Coffee” in recognition of the importance of this national cultural icon. Some historians believe coffee was already introduced to the Arabian peninsula circa 675 AD by Ethiopian travelers, who used to chew the coffee cherries as they traveled through the region. The word “coffee” originates from its Arabic word, qahwah.
Serving Saudi coffee is an important aspect of hospitality in Saudi society and is considered a ceremonial act of generosity. Marking this momentous occasion, Nespresso has created special recipes incorporating their Veruto next machine with local and regional ingredients to create memorable coffee creations.
Saffron Ice Latte
Inspired by the Eastern Saudi Blend
- 230 ml Vertuo Stormio
- 20 ml Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Saffron
- 80 ml Milk
- 4pcs Ice Cube
- 1pc Cardamom Pod (to open for seeds)
- Add the saffron to the 80ml milk in Aero4 and press the cold foam button
- Pour the condensed milk into the bottom of the glass
- Add the Ice Cubes to the glass
- Add the saffron milk from Aero4 to the glass (pour slowly)
- Extract vanilla custard pie capsules into the cup
- Garnish with 4-5 Saffron threads and the cardamom seeds (open the pods)
Cardamom Dates Latte
Inspired by the Northern Saudi Blend
- 230 ml Vertuo Intenso
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp Date paste
- 100ml Milk
- 3 pcs Ice cubes
- Prepare the coffee in a shaker and add Ice Cubes.
- Add Ice Cubes, Date paste, and Milk to the Barista Device and select Latte Macchiato.
- Add Ice Cubes to the Recipe Glass and pour the Milk Froth.
- Pour the shaker content into the cup
- Garnish with a pinch of cardamom and a date