There is something about crazy random facts that is so appealing. This article was so much fun to compile; a list of random facts that are so unbelievable that you’re probably think we’re making them up. Read on.
1. Saudi Arabia imports camels.
Mostly from Australia and Africa.
2. Think diamonds are super rare; well it rains Diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
This happens when lightning storms turn methane into carbon, which as it falls hardens into chunks of graphite and then diamond.
Fact source: bbc.com
3. Pluto is smaller than Russia.
The surface area of Russia is a colossal 17.1×106 km squared and Pluto’s is about 16.7×106 km squared.
Fact Source: wafflesatnoon.com/
4. Around 50% of the world’s scientific and technical papers are in English.
And around 80% of the world’s information is stored on computers in English.
Fact Source: euprera.org
5. Almost 30,000 websites are hacked everyday.
Fact source: www.forbes.com
6. Guinness Book of World Records is the most stolen book from libraries.
This could also probably end up as a world record.
Fact Source: news.dm
7. No person can confirm for sure who invented the fire hydrant.
This is because the U.S. patent office in D.C. caught fire in 1836.
Fact Source: 8fact.com
8. Ketchup was used as a medicine.
This was back in the 1830’s.
Fact Source: fastcodesign.com
9. Many who read the word yawning will yawn.
Now, that’s why they say that yawning is contagious.
10. Astronauts can’t burp in space.
As gravity is required for this particular function of the body and in space there is no gravity.