Warm your seafood heart at Dahban.
Dahban is a popular destination for seafood lovers, and it’s only about an hour’s drive north of Jeddah. We recently went on an afternoon trip to Dahban’s Al Sharah Resort. Based on our experience, here are some reasons to make Dahban your next seafood destination:
- There are a lot of restaurant-resorts to choose from. You’ll find a list at the end of this article.
- The drive to Dahban will take you about 40 minutes – not too far or too close to the city. Enjoy music on the way to set the mood for an indoor picnic.
- At the resorts you’ll find various kinds of seating arrangements. Whether you prefer traditional floor seating or a more contemporary sofa set-up, the resorts will have something for you!
- Choosing the fish is a fun process; most resorts have a facility where you handpick the fish of your choice.
- There’s a lot of privacy for diners at Dahban. At Al Sharah Resort, we had the room to ourselves and were not interrupted by any staff except to deliver our food.
- You can even watch a movie with the feast; many rooms have a TV installed. Make sure to bring your entertainment in a USB.
- You can take a walk around the resort after your meal, Al Sharah Resort is decked up with plants and flowers, making it a very pleasant evening route.
- Even if you don’t like seafood, you should tag along to give it a try. The fried fish is soft and actually delicious with flavored rice. Plus, it doesn’t smell at all!
Restaurant-Resorts of Dahban
Al Sharah Resort
Open until 2 a.m.
Al Anbariya Sea Food Park
Open until 2 a.m. on weekends, 12 a.m. on weekdays.
Open until 1:30 a.m.
Sultana Sea Food
Open until 3 a.m.