For all you horror movie buffs out there, The Conjuring 2 is made for you.
There has been a lot of buzz around it, not only because it is a sequel of a successful first movie, but also because of its scary antics. Oh, one more thing, it’s based on a true story. We took it upon ourselves to watch the scary packed film and report back to you.
No spoilers here, we promise, but the story revolves around a single mother living in England with her 4 children. She notices bizarre and violent behaviors from daughter Janet and that is when Lorraine and Ed Warren come to investigate. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson play the couple.
What we liked most:
- Story: It is very entertaining indeed. It kept us on edge even after it ended.
- Background music: As you would expect, very chilling and accommodating to the mood.
- The creepy toy: When you see the movie, you’ll understand why its there. Considering the role of a doll in the first movie, and the spin off Annabelle, toys are important pawns in creeping out audiences.
What we didn’t like all that much:
- Pace: It’s a little slow, a faster pace would have been more thrilling.
- Vera’s facial expressions: No doubt she is a good actress, but at times her face was just blank. Maybe her features went numb from the horror?
Rating on Destination Jeddah: 7.5
Rating on IMDB: 7.8/10
Ration on Rotten Tomatoes: 80%
The trailer itself is spine tingling.
If you want to read more about it and are not worried of ruining parts of the movie, check this link out.
Also, if you are into mischievous pranks and people screaming, watch this.