2 cups of flour
3/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 kg minced beef
200 grams lamb or sheep fat
5 medium onions, chopped small squares
1 teaspoon of salt, cumin, and black pepper
1 can of tomatoes
2 fresh tomatoes, finely grounded
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 cloves of ground garlic olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper and cumin
1 Tbsp white vinegar
|1. Mix the dough ingredients together, and let it sit for an hour.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
3. For the tomato sauce; on a pan, add olive oil and garlic, let it simmer then add canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and the remainder of the tomato sauce ingredients. Leave for 10 minutes on low heat.
4. Divide the dough into small circles, spread and add the filling in the middle, then seal the edges of the dough.
5. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet and add the Mantoyozas, until it turns golden.
6. Then, add half a cup of water to the pot, and cover it on low heat, until the water evaporates.
7. Take them out, and serve with a side of tomato sauce.