Alfaisaliah hotel offered a series or cooking classes by chef Gianluca Fusto, where he’s known for making a perfect version of the dessert and adding a crazy ingredient to it.
The series contained several classes, each for 250 Riyals with a lot to offer! We went to one of the classes and we assembled this walkthrough for you.
- 120 g Yolks
- 40 g Sugar
- 30 g Water
- 300 g White eggs
- 80 g Sugar
- 650 g Mascarpone cheese
- 4 g Lemon zest
- Weigh all the ingredients separately.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- In the container of the global pack a swiss meringue with the larger amount of sugar and egg whites; take them to 65 C, in a water bath, then mounted the mixture till cooling.
- Similarly stir the egg yolks with the least amount of remaining sugar and water and bring to 82 C; join the mascarpone and then mounted.
- Mix the two compounds, finally stir in the lemon zest.
Chef Gianluca have taught us all the secret ways to make the perfect tiramisu from how to get the perfect cream to everything we need to know about eggs, who knew there was so much to eggs! The crazy ingredient to his perfect tiramisu was Capers. Yes. Capers. And to my surprise it did go along with the tiramisu!
After eating the amazing dessert the Chef made, we were seated at a table and were served an appetizer of lobster stew with chocolate shaving, again, the crazy ingredient went so well with the dish! And for the main dish we were served Scallop with rosewater. I never dared to eat anything related to clams before, but this was something that I did not regret.