It is so inconceivable that we have reached the end of Ramadan. Glory be to Allah! The most awaited moment is here.
At the same time, it’s nostalgic, since we all will now pine for the beautiful moments that we have lived in this Ramadan. The serene suhoor, the fasting hours, the taraweeh, the time we devoted to Allah alone, the long qiyaam, the laylatul Qadr and the appetizing dishes that our mum’s would make… Yes! that palatable Basbousa and Kunafah…
To make this moment more special, follow the Sunan of Eid.
- Wake up early in the morning.
Clean your teeth with a miswaak as it’s Sunnah
- It is recommended to recite takbeer during the night of Eid from sunset on the last day of Ramadan until the Imam comes to lead the prayer. The format of the takbeer is as follows:‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allah, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, wa Lillahil-hamd’ (Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, there is no god except Allah, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, and all praise be to Allah)
- Eat an odd number of dates before leaving for the Eid prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not set out on the day of Eid until he had eaten an odd number of dates.
- Wear your best clothes. With regard to women, they may wear their best clothes while they are at home. It is impermissible for them to adorn themselves while going for the Eid prayer.
- Perform your Eid prayers. It is better and recommended for women to go out to the Eid prayer since it was enjoined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
- It is sunnah to take one route to the place of prayer and take a different route back.
Make your Eid even better by following these simple Sunan. May Allah accept it from us and you.