Who can apply for ePassport renewal?
- Who can apply for ePassport renewal?
Philippine nationals living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia holding ePassport can apply for a renewal at the VFS Global ePassport Renewal Centre. Pursuant to the communication received from the Department of Foreign Affairs, The Republic of Philippines, ePassport should be renewed 10 months prior to the expiry date. Passports issued to adults (18 years and above) will be valid for 10 years and for minors the validity period is 5 years.
It is important to note that the centre accepts applications only for the renewal of ePassport. ePassports are embedded with a microchip which contains personal data and biometric detail of the passport holders.
Requests to make changes on the details of the biographical page, must be directed to to the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh or the Consulate in Jeddah.
- Steps to renew ePassport
- Complete online application form by visiting – https://onlineappform.passport.gov.ph/
- Prepare all the originals and photocopies of the documents required for passport renewal
- Visit the ePassport Renewal Centre in person to submit the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit your application form, old ePassport and required documents
Processing time varies for each application and the new passport may be released within 30-45 working day from the date of submission of application.
- Renewal fees to be paid at the centre
Passport Renewal Fee: SAR 240.00
Service Fee: SAR 103 (inclusive of 15% VAT)
Total fees per application: SAR 343.00
The passport renewal fee is the same as the fee charged at the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate. Applicant shall be charged a service fee in addition when submitting the application at VFS Global ePassport Renewal Centre.
- Why submit renewal application at VFS Global centre?
- No prior appointments required
- Visit the ePassport Renewal Centre 6 days a week, Saturday to Thursday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Reduced crowding at Embassies/ Consulates and greater convenience for the customer submitting application
- Professionally trained staff to handhold customers throughout the application process
- Easy collection of renewed ePassport at the centre or via courier delivery.
- Dedicated email and helpline for applicant queries
As part of the constant and ongoing endeavor to add value to customer experience, VFS Global offers optional services designed to make the process easy and effortless. At an additional charge, customer may opt for:
Form Filling: Personalised assistance from professionally trained staff for completing online renewal application form.
Courier Delivery: Receive renewed passport directly at a time and location of choice. Save time and travel costs, with no need to arrange multiple visits to the centre.
SMS Alerts: Stay up to date on the progress of application, with regular SMS updates.
Additionally, VFS Global’s Al Khobar centre is honoured to serve as a regular venue for the “Philippine Embassy on Wheels” initiative in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to provide consular services to the Filipino community.