The 90s, what an era that was, something that smartphone and tablet cultured millennials won’t understand. A time when we actually had to wait for hours to watch our favorite cartoons; online streaming didn’t exist back then.
So, it actually gave us time to play with lots of other stuff. Thought they may seem irrelevant and boring to today’s children, they meant the world to us. If you grew up in Saudi, then you have definitely come across these things that we’re about to show you.
1. It was so much fun to bother our friends with these.
2. Who wouldn’t want to play with these plastic guns after watching Hollywood action movies?
3. Light shoes, oh this was the ‘in-thing’ back in the day for children.
4. Playing with these until the batteries died out.
5. This was so difficult, at least it seemed like that back in the day.
6. Who would want a pet when they could get their hands on these? A pet that needed to be taken care of time to time… and if not taken care of, it would die.
7. Many children today won’t understand what this watch could do.
8. This was handheld gaming for you.
9. They were expensive, but all your friends had these so you had to buy them anyhow.
10. Oh and those Suntop sticker booklets. We used to take out the sticker first, stick them in the booklet and then drink the juice.
11. Lays and Al Batal Tazos. You may have collected heaps of them, still always wanted more
Today’s children would just never understand how life was back then. It may seem boring to them living without internet, tablet pcs and smartphones, but to us… that will always be the best era.